Sunday, January 1, 2012

Breakfast Burritos

These are very versatile and you can put together any mixture of egg, potato, chicken, sausage, or beef, bell peppers, and cheese.  Flavor with hot sauce, or bbq sauce, or even italian seasoning.  Mix it all together in one big pot (cook the potatoes first and either cube them really small or grate them into the pan) and then wrap in whole wheat flour tortillas and freeze.  Take it out and microwave for about 3 minutes.  Easy!

Unfortunately, I didn't write down the recipe for the last batch I made, but here's the general gist of it:

1 package Italian sausage
3-4 potatoes, cooked and cubed
2-3 colored bell peppers (red, yellow, green)
1 med to large white onion
2 cups cheddar cheese
4-6 eggs

I cooked the sausage first, then added the onion, peppers, then potatoes.  I kind of pushed it to one side of the pan and cracked the eggs into the hole left.  I let them almost completely cook and then stirred the whole mixture up.  I added salt and pepper, and some garlic powder.  Once it tasted good, I quickly stirred in the cheese, then loaded the mixture into warm tortillas - they bend and fold better.  Then, wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and store several in a gallon zip-loc bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment